Information Collection and Usage
- Bandmonster.com does not require that you register in order to view its products or User comments. Registration is required to use certain interactive features such as posting comments, participating in the forums, and in order to submit ideas and participate in competitions.
- Bandmonster collects personal information when you register with bandmonster.com, when you visit bandmonster.com, when you make a purchase, or any time you provide information to Bandmonster about yourself.
- Bandmonster.com automatically receives and records other non-personally-identifying information ("Non-Personal Information") on our server logs from your browser even if you do not register with bandmonster.com, for example, your IP address, bandmonster.com cookie information, and the pages you visit.
- Bandmonster uses Non-Personal Information for the following general purposes: improve the content of our Web page, customize the advertising you see, improve our services, and conduct research.
- You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Bandmonster when choosing to participate in various activities on bandmonster.com such as uploading photos, posting messages in our forums or in the comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Bandmonster.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features of bandmonster.com such as the shopping cart may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Bandmonster.com does utilize tracking technology to better understand site traffic patterns and use. However, none of the information collected via tracking technology is personally identifiable information.
- Bandmonster.com may use web beacons (a.k.a. clear GIFs) in connection with e-mails sent to bandmonster.com users, to let us know whether and when the email was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
- If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and the security code). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
- If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the “Choice and Opt-out” section.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by contacting us.
- Bandmonster is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Bandmonster.com does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Bandmonster does not rent, trade, or share Personal Information with third parties except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use other third parties such as a shipping company to fulfill orders, a credit card processing company to bill you for goods sold on our website, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you make a purchase on our website or sign up for our email list, we will share the necessary amount of personally identifiable information as necessary for the third party to provide that service, including your name, address, credit card information and email address. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We provide Non-Personal Information to interested third-parties for purposes of understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on bandmonster.com.
- We use both your Personal Information and certain Non-Personal Information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- In the event Bandmonster goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- If you use a blog on bandmonster.com, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs.
Confidentiality and Security
- Bandmonster uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to bandmonster.com and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Bandmonster makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
- We limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with Personal Information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Bandmonster.com may update this policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice. We will strive to notify you about significant changes in the way we treat Personal Information by sending a notice to your primary email address and/or by placing a notice on bandmonster.com.
Date Last Modified